[iyonix-support] Re: A minor inconvenience

  • From: Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2010 10:33:33 +0000 (GMT)

In article <mpro.lbi9l100001mj03ag.pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, David Pitt
<pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > In article <mpro.lbh7tk00000vl02ve.pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, David
> > Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > [getting a bit long - snip]
> >
> > Ref: Horizontal scroll

> > > The right hand outward pointing arrow in the Extent window is
> > > the one. The visible area of the pane has to stay the same but
> > > its total width is being increased.
> >
> > Yes that's the one.
> >
> > > See - http://pittdj.co.uk/diy/index.htm
> >
> > Thanks David - that link would have been useful earlier ;-)

> This is one of those things that takes a lot longer to write up
> than it does to do, which is why it started off as DIY for those
> who can or can find out how to. Anyway the thread title is "A minor
> inconvenience".

That's in the past ;-(

Anyway I appreciate the write up - it made me realise I was doing it
correctly. To be honest I think it is better to have ago yourself and
then ask the experts if you can't overcome the difficulties.

> > I've tried looking at how this is done with RISC OS 4.39 (very
> > elegant) but am unable to create the same on RISC OS 5.16. I
> > wonder if it is possible?

> There will be some programming involved, the pane size is limited
> to the size of the longest file name. Select features on the
> Iyonix, now there's a thought.

Not being a programmer this is where I'll have difficulties :-((

Thanks for your help and comments.

Richard