[iyonix-support] A minor inconvenience

  • From: Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Iyonix ML <iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 15:38:13 +0000 (GMT)

It maybe a problem that only affects my Iyonix but could someone with
RISC OS 5.16 try......

* Place PrivateEye 2.85 in Boot_Run-at-startup using
Boot_configuration tool.
* Re-boot machine. PrivateEye should auto-load on iconbar.
* Load Help 3.16 (from Apps iconbar icon).
* Double-click a jpeg. Providing no other image viewing software is on
iconbar PrivateEye should auto-display image.

When I perform this it crashes OS necessitating a Reset if lucky or
complete power-on-reset. Exactly the same happens with Help 3.15.

I thought it might be useful to the author of PrivateEye if I could
ascertain whether others are affected.

Richard