[iyonix-support] Re: 5.18 Upgrade

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 18:42:38 +0100

In message <526c3a8e7ftim@xxxxxxxxx>
          Tim Hill <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <4F561061.9010908@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, David J. Ruck
> <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 06/03/2012 10:40, Learning Partners wrote:
>>> I think that next time a change this radical in the OS occurs

>> It isn't a radical change, it's a point release the same as many others.

> I think what is meant is that from a users perspective perhaps it _is_ a
> radical change when it means something that worked now doesn't.

According to that definition even the tiniest OS change would have to
be called "radical".

In this specific case, we are actually talking about a minor bug fix
in RISC OS that happened to uncover a long-standing bug in OvationPro.
A minor bug fix is the very opposite of a radical change. Any change
has the potential to stop your existing applications from working,
e.g., changing a single configuration option somewhere or updating a
single module.

Martin