[isapros] Re: Fw: Re: Web Filter with HTTPS

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 17:52:21 -0700

No.
Yes.
Maybe.

The HTTPS protocol handles traffic destined for "port 443".  This
protocol definition is applied to SecureNET and FWC traffic *only*.
CERN proxy client requests are handled by the Web Proxy Filter, which
natively understands HTTP and FTP as well as how to handle SSL tunnels
for HTTP.  It *does not* use the protocol HTTP/HTTPS definitions.
If you bind the Web Proxy Filter to a non-cleartext HTTP protocol or any
non-HTTP protocol, the Web Proxy filter will poop loudly in your
Cheerios.

As far as your inability to "configure HTTP" in your web publisihing
rules, I'd still like a TS to your machine. - something is very much
amiss.

                        From: isapros-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<isapros-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>