[isapros] Re: Certificate Import NOT

  • From: "Amy Babinchak" <amy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 20:27:29 -0400

The SBS CEIW created the certificate. I exported it from there onto a
shared folder. I need to import it into an ISA 2006 server personal
store to use for a web listener. (yes, no ISA on the SBS server. An ISA
2006 server in front.) I used the import cert within the web listener
wizard to import the cert into the ISA server. The first time I did this
I exported the cert from IIS and it came as a .p something. It was a
long night last night installing SBS and all working stations then the
ISA server. I would have thought more clearly if I was more awake. So I
imported that one. ISA said it was bad, which it would, and so I
selected remove. It did. Then I exported the .cer from the SBS server
and imported that into ISA. This is where I get the Import Successful
but the cert doesn't show up in the store. ISA however thinks that the
old cert I removed is still there. The only place I see this old cert is
when I'm at that point in the wizard where I need to pick a cert. If I
open IE and look at the store, it's empty. If I open certmgr, the store
is empty. Go back into the web listener wizard and there's the bad cert
sitting in the store. A reboot of the ISA didn't make it go away. It's a
ghost and it eats .cer for lunch. I can't get my good cert to go into
the store.

Amy Babinchak