RE: what caused DNS to die

  • From: <cpatterson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 12:01:52 -0500

I have had this problem too.  I ended up moving my DNS Server outside of the
firewall.

Are you not getting any error messages in the even logs?  Just no DNS at all
from the outside?  Does rebooting the server fix the problem temporarily?
Restarting the services wont though.  If so, then it appears we are having the
same problem.  I'm still waiting for a fix.

Chris Patterson
Network Administrator
Axiom Systems
<Http://Www.AxiomSys.Com>
The Truth Is Out There. Go Find It. <Http://Www.2600.Com>