RE: what caused DNS to die

  • From: "Jay J. Mobley" <jmobley@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 09:35:57 -0800

I just calle M$ for that Q article you refrenced. They found it, and said I
need to install SP1. When I told him that I already did that the tech made some
inquiries for me. Here is what he said:

When this issue occurs , if you trace the packets, the ISA server seems to be
hacking off a portion of the data. It comes into the external interface just
fine, but goes out the internal interface 'truncated'
He said that developers are aware of the issue and to wait for a hotfix or SP2.

Looks like the answer really is to put DNS outside ISA

<aggrivated>

WORTHLESS!!!

</aggrivated>