RE: possible fix

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 11:37:18 -0600

Hi Dan,

I don't want to accuse someone of being FoS until I've double checked,
but it does sound like you got a "just in time" answer from them, or
they weren't communicating things very clearly. Even when the FWC
configures the browser, it should make no difference at all, since it
just setting the browser to be a FWC. My understanding it that the
problem is that if the browser isn't configured as a Web proxy client
(regardless of how that's done), then the Firewall client connects to
Web sites using the Web proxy filter bound to the HTTP protocol, but for
some reason, doesn't get passed to the SurfControl Web filter.

Tom