RE: possible fix

  • From: "Ball, Dan" <DBall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 23:27:42 -0500

Hopefully my last message to Roy will answer some of the questions you
have.  In any case, you have to get the proxy settings out to the
client, and force them to use it.  Using IE, you have more control, but
like you said, it doesn't help with 3rd party browsers.

Theoretically, you should be able to write GPO Administrative Templates
for any program that utilizes the registry for settings.  I haven't
looked at that since I wrote one a couple of years ago though.

I might have to install Firefox and see how they are actually storing
the proxy settings, as it does seem like it would be a useful utility.