Re: on smtp filtering...

  • From: "Ray Dzek" <rdzek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 11:10:42 -0800

We currently use a Sendmail replacement called Postifix and then a open
source product called SpamAssassin to pre-process our email stream before it
goes to our lotus cc:Mail server.  www.spamassassin.org.  I'd say that
Spamassassin has been about 95-97% effective in our environment at capturing
spam.

Just be aware that no product will keep all the spam out.  Period.  As the
spam filters evolve, so do the spammer's tricks that are used to get around
filters.