Checkpoint VPN1 secureclient

  • From: Jeff.Butte@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 12:35:10 -0600

Steve,

I will have to check the build number in my notes at home, but it will all
depend on the build on the remote Checkpoint Firewall-1/VPN-1 server.  I
have notes on what ports to open, but the main problem is that the
Checkpoint VPN server sees "anything" between the client and server as an
intruder and will not allow the connection.  I was working with either
Netgear or Linksys firewall routers to setup VPN-1 clients behind them.  I
could never get a connection and called Checkpoint support.  Their
recommendation was to put the client in front of the router and remove any
form of firewall / protection hardware or software.  When I mentioned that
was not an option, they said that the server would then need to be
upgraded to a specific version or higher and there was a configuration
change that needed to be done.

The upgrade cost was prohibitive to the customer at the time, so they
opted to put the clients exposed to the internet.

In the mean time, check Netgear or the Linksys site for their tech
articles on Checkpoint.  I will see if I can find my notes when I get
home.

Jeff Butte
Abbott Laboratories
mailto:Jeff.Butte@xxxxxxxxxx

"Steve Vibert" <viberts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
01/15/2003 09:44 AM
Please respond to "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]"

        To:     "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        cc:
        Subject:        [isalist] Checkpoint VPN1 secureclient

http://www.ISAserver.org

Hi

I want setup isa for Checkpoint vpn-1 secureclient NG feature 3 build
number 53328. The client is on internal network and i want access remote
vpn network.

I have no idea for which port open and which type

I try udp 500, 2746 tcp 264, 1054

Anybody have tip or trick on this issue

Thank in advance