Re: on smtp filtering...

  • From: "shane mullins" <tsmullins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 22:51:15 -0500

hey naveen,

    i like to have my mail, and other internet servers, outside my internal
network.  in the dmz zone.  that way if one is comprised they are not on your
internal network.  if sendmail was working fine for blocking spam, i would
still use it, and bypass isa filtering.
    using isa to filter mail would, in our case, add a very heavy load to the
isa server.  we have over 700 email accounts.  i dont remember the daily
traffic off the top of my head,  but i think it is around 10,000 emails a day.
this would eat up some server resources.
    i would use sendmail like you have in the past.  isa smtp filtering is a
good feature, i just would not use it unless i had to.  we would have to have a
dedicated isa just for this.

shane