RE: isa / highschool

  • From: "Joseph" <cismic@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 21:29:52 -0800

I'm working on an answer just hang on!

Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Myers [mailto:amyers@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2002 9:14 PM
To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
Subject: [isalist] isa / highschool

I've been using ISA Server for about 6 months and am looking at
implementing it in a school system instead of some of my other firewall
solutions. I wanted to get some input on the configuration and design of
this implementation..

Basically, it is a school system with 300+ computers (from Apple IIe's
and iMAC's to Win95-2k machines) spread throughout the school building,
and several pc's connected to the network at a remote location through a
dedicated T-1.

Will 1 ISA Server be able to service all these? Right now they have a
router that gives everyone access, the ISP upstream has a proxy service
that filters content. But it takes up to 2 weeks to get sites blocked,
so they want to implement some of their own blocking at a local level.

The are also wanting a new files server/domain controller on the inside
(active directory) which they would have VPN access through the ISA to,
to access datafiles for a gradebook program from home.

Please offer any thoughts or comments.

Thank You,
Andrew Myers
IT Consultant