Re: isa / highschool

  • From: "Rob G." <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 19:14:07 -0500

Andrew,
This is a late response but I just got back ..sorry. I used two nics on ISA
server/Win2k server .One nic private internal IP  (192.68.1.0) and one with
IP from our DSL  ISP. DNS can be on ISA and DC : ISA's DNS services outside
name requests and DNS on internal DC (must have dhcp,dns, and AD to be a DC)
can service internal name requests, it all depends on what you need. Are
there Intranet Web sites you want to browse or publish to web? There are
wide range of options to choose , look here for detailed account of  these
at http://www.isaserver.org/authors/harrison/tutoials/dns-4-isa.htm
I followed the DNS config with great results! Used 2 NICS and DNS with
forwarding on ISA server, DC DNS=ISA IP address.(no need for seperate
internal DNS in my case)
Good luck!
RG