Web Publishing

  • From: "Mike Carlson" <domitianx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 14:05:32 -0600

I was having a problem with a site I was trying to publish and I came
across a KB article on the MS Support site that stated the following:

Creating a Web Publishing Rule in ISA Server
Web publishing rules in ISA Server map incoming HTTP requests to the
appropriate Web server on or behind the ISA Server-based server. To
create a Web publishing rule:

Click Start , point to Programs , point to Microsoft ISA Server , and
then click ISA Management.

Expand the Publishing item, right-click Web Publishing Rules , and then
click New Rule.

Type a name for the Web publishing rule, and then click Next.

Click All destinations , and then click Next.

Click Any request , and then click Next.

Click Redirect the request to this internal Web server.

Click Browse , and then click the Web server.

Click to select the Send the original host header to the publishing
server instead of the actual one (specified above) check box, and then
click Next.

Click Finish .

Repeat these steps for each additional Web site.

Restart the Microsoft ISA Server Control service.

Is the line "Click All destinations , and then click Next. " correct?
How would it know which server to send it to if you had more than one
web server? I have OWA on one server and all my web stuff on a different
server, how is ISA gonna know where to send it if I have "All
Destinations" set?

KB Article:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q305052

Mike Carlson