RE: VNC

  • From: "M. Scott Goad" <mgoad@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'\[ISAserver.org Discussion List\]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 15:41:13 -0800

I am fairly new at ISA but lemme try to see if I can help.  The Packet
Filter you setup will allow access to ports 5800 and 5900 through ISA
Server's external NIC to the outside world.  I think to allow the ports on
the internal side you need to setup a protocol rule.  For added security I
would think that you would ensure the packet filter is only setup to allow
5800 and 5900 to specific destinations so that an intruder couldn't use them
for more dubious reasons.

Anyway, like I said I am new at this and yes I have your book Tom and I am
currently slugging my why through it!

M. Scott Goad
Director of Software Development
Norfox Software Inc.