[isalist] Re: Unable to RDP into the ISA Server, after installing ISA 2006 (with sp1)

  • From: "Mike Anderson" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 12:37:18 -0600

Yes sir - during installs, I always follow a strict set of guidelines
that I created for myself - that is one of the very first things I check
off, immediately after the server boot up for the very first time.  I've
done SO many server installs, I can do it in my sleep - I can honestly
say, I've done around 90 installs (that is just for 2003 Server)....

This problem is a REALLY weird one...

One thing I need to do, is have the active log run while I am VNC'd in,
so I can see the precise transcript of what's going on when I attempt
the connection.

Still, I'd be grateful if you could jog your memory and see if anybody
here has seen anything like this before.  My co-worker is chomping at
the bit to gain access to this server, so he can keep an eye on things
when I am unreachable.  I don't want to give him VNC access, as I can't
lose my console screen - and I too, would rather use RDP as a means of
accessing the server.

Thanks again for all your help,

Mike