RE: Two Internal Networks

  • From: Paul Noble <pnoble@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 09:31:06 -0000

I'd do as suggested, have the email dns pointing to the ISA server external,
have a rule pushing all smtp to an internal smtp server which would then
route it to the two different subnets and have the smtp server software sort
out what goes where.

We use Trend MSS to do this here and it allows us to put in AV and content
rule filtering for all.

The exchange boxes remain unchanged, the ISA server remains unchanged, the
smtp server is separate from the whole solution so you can stop the flow at
any time, if the subnets go down the mail is queued in the smtp server.

It runs on a bag of spanners pc so no real money outlay there, and if you're
dealing with a very small subnet rather than a enterprise lan then it
doesn't cost much either.

I dare say there are open source versions that do this just as well.