Trouble with server publishing rule and SMTP

  • From: "Siegfried Weber" <sweber@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 23:27:41 +0200

Ok folks. I usually be a lurker on this list but now I do have a weird
problem I can't nail down and need some help form the real experts.

I'm running a Win2k SP3 network with ISA SP1 (plus latest public QFEs
for ISA and Win2k post-SP3). ISA 2000 Enterprise runs in AD integrated
as (currently single) array member. The external NIC has 4 IPs assigned,
the internal only one. The ISA SMTP Filter is installed but is not
running.

The machine also has the Win2k SMTP Service installed because we need it
to route SMTP traffic between the several external domains to the
internal company SMTP servers. Because of that I have created server
publishing rules which listen on a particular external IP and forward
the request to the ISA internal IP. Socket pooling on the Win2k SMTP is
disabled and the SMTP Virtual Server is configured to listen only at the
internal IP.

The problematic part is that when I look at an SMTP header of a message