RE: Trouble with server publishing rule and SMTP

  • From: "Siegfried Weber" <sweber@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 19:44:57 +0200

A quick follow up on this:

After deleting all SMTP server publishing rules and creating IP packet
filters things started to work. I don't know why it didn't work with a
server publishing rule but suspect I made a mistake in the configuration
of the SMTP server.

The SMTP Server is not configured to listen on all IPs (as opposed to
previously listen only on the internal ISA IP) and all external IPs are
configured via the IP packet filter to let traffic pass through.

However, now I am a happy camper and my DNS RBL script is kicking
SPAM'ers *ss :-))