RE: Trouble with server publishing rule and SMTP

  • From: "Phill Hardstaff" <phillh@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 19:41:32 +1100

Maybe I didn't understand the question well but I run a similar setup, I
have 6 IP's bound to the outside NIC servicing different external
domains, including 3 different SMTP servers, as I understand your post
you plug different outside IP's thru to different internal mail servers
(via win2k SMTP), this should work just fine as it does for me with
three server publishing rules plugging SMTP on three different IP's thru
to three different mail servers inside, so my question, if you are not
using the ISA SMTP filter (do you intend to ?) why run the Win2K SMTP
server and route to it ? Why not just plug straight thru to the internal
servers ?

I would also be interetsd to know what you are using for checking open
relay etc, where you say "DNS RBL mail blocking software" ?

Cheers

Phill

Phill Hardstaff
MCSA, CCNA, A+, Network+, Inet+, Server+, CIW-Assoc.
Loggerythm Software

Phone +687-838091
Email  phillh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web   http://www.Loggerythm.com