[isalist] Re: TMG Unsupported

  • From: Jerry Young <jerrygyoungii@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 08:54:15 -0500

Jim,

Not to throw gas on the fire but (okay, well, maybe just a bit of lighter
fluid)...

Here's a quote from a recent post by Oleg Ananiev to my question I posed on
the UAG/TMG forum.

"Looking forward, we see UAG continues to evolve in enhncing and extending
Remote Access solutions - ability to access corporate resources from
outside. *TMG, in turn, is primarily focusing on protecting employees from
internet threats when accessing internet from the office.*"
Orly?

I posted this same question in response to that statement on the forums but
does that mean Microsoft is considering making the TMG line a web proxy
server only?