Server published ports stop allowing connections

  • From: <patricks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 09:42:58 -0000

I seem to have a bit of a stability problem with my ISA Server. Every
month or so, my ISA seems to stop allowing connections to certain
published services (mail, dns, http etc). Proxy browsing out of our
firewall works fine, but anyone accessing services from outside the
firewall are refused.

I cannot find any patterns. Restarting the services seems to fix the
problem.

Can anyone give me any pointers on how to troubleshoot this. I would
also like to try and setup an alert for when this happens again. As this
would run behind the firewall, I am not sure what I can check to see if
this problem is happening. Has anyone got any ideas ?

Patrick