RE: RealPlayer Won't Work

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 10:33:09 -0500

Hi Michael,

Have you checked out:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=271270

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder
<http://tinyurl.com/1llp>

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Michael Bright [mailto:Michael.Bright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
        Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2003 10:15 PM
        To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
        Subject: [isalist] RealPlayer Won't Work

        I thought I had done it all 'by the book'.  I read Ricky
Magalhaes' two articles on setting up for streaming media.

        The only difference is that I have the "Split live streams using
a local WMT Server" option selected in the Application Filters Dialog
box.  But I checked the services on the ISA Server and found the Media
Program Service, Media Station Service and Media Unicast Service were
all running.

        In the Policy Elements I set up Protocol definitions for the
RTSP Client and Server with parameters From 554, To 554, Type TCP and
Outbound for Client and Inbound for Server

        I also set up the PNM Client and Server with parameters of From
7070, To 7070, Type TCP and Outbound for Client and Inbound for Server.

        In the Access Policy under Protocol Rules I set up a Streaming
Video Rule  to allow all requests to PNM, MMS, RTSP.

        NOw Windows Streaming Video works, Apple Quicktime Streaming
Video works BUT RealPlayer Streaming Video will not.

        When attempting to connect you get a logon dialog box prompt
with the ISA Server IP address and Firewall.

        See below.  I have tried to manually configure the RealPlayer
via Tools Preferences and no combination seems to make any difference.

        I need to resolve this.  Our Students are trying to access sites
like www.bbc.co.uk and more and more sites ONLY support RealPlayer now
- come on Microsoft exert your power and influence.

        ole0.bmp

        Michael Bright
        Network Administrator
        Oxley College