RealPlayer Won't Work

  • From: "Michael Bright" <Michael.Bright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List] (E-mail)" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 13:14:31 +1000

I thought I had done it all 'by the book'.  I read Ricky Magalhaes' two
articles on setting up for streaming media.

The only difference is that I have the "Split live streams using a local WMT
Server" option selected in the Application Filters Dialog box.  But I checked
the services on the ISA Server and found the Media Program Service, Media
Station Service and Media Unicast Service were all running.

In the Policy Elements I set up Protocol definitions for the RTSP Client and
Server with parameters From 554, To 554, Type TCP and Outbound for Client and
Inbound for Server

I also set up the PNM Client and Server with parameters of From 7070, To 7070,
Type TCP and Outbound for Client and Inbound for Server.

In the Access Policy under Protocol Rules I set up a Streaming Video Rule  to
allow all requests to PNM, MMS, RTSP.

NOw Windows Streaming Video works, Apple Quicktime Streaming Video works BUT
RealPlayer Streaming Video will not.

When attempting to connect you get a logon dialog box prompt with the ISA
Server IP address and Firewall.

See below.  I have tried to manually configure the RealPlayer via Tools
Preferences and no combination seems to make any difference.

I need to resolve this.  Our Students are trying to access sites like
www.bbc.co.uk and more and more sites ONLY support RealPlayer now  - come on
Microsoft exert your power and influence.

 <<ole0.bmp>>

Michael Bright
Network Administrator
Oxley College