[isalist] Re: Publishing a SSH Server (The solution)

  • From: Wilmar Perez <ewdpb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 05:47:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Tom

It is quite simple.  I've got a multihomed ISA Server 2004, they are configured
this way:

NIC 1: External (Connected to my router) Bound to several 200.x.x.x IPs
NIC 2: Internal - Uses Private Addressing (172.16.0.1/22)
NIC 3: DMZ - Uses Private Addressing (192.168.15.1/27)

The DMZ and the External Network have a NAT relationship.  I've got a SSH
server in my DMZ network and that's the one I needed to publish, that server
also has a public IP for itself which is bound to NIC 1.  What I did, following
Microsoft advice, was to create a route relationship between the SSH server and
the external network, then I just publish the server listening on port 22
inbound, and that was all.

Hope it is clear enough.  Please ask anything you'd like to clarify, I'd also
like to hear a clear explanation of how on earth this can work, as it amazingly
does.

Regards,

Wilmar