RE: Problem with SMTP Relay on ISA + Exchange Server 2K

  • From: "Chirag Shah" <cshah@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 10:07:22 +0530

ok. I did that.. but my problem i have few users who are using the SMTP
server from Out of Town via regular Dialup facility from any ISP at that
end... while if you look at the Relaying button that Alexander is
mentioning .... it lets me put only following info....>(1) Single
Computer IP Address :
(2) Group of Computers  and (3) Domain

Now, in my case the user from our company is out of town and using
dialup to use the server so I don't have (1) option ..(IP Address from
his side) the other thing for (2) option he has a Laptop with him and
trouble here is how can I define his laptop in Group of Computers  and
(3) option is ... the user who is outside uses workgroup. since he is
not connected to any Network other than just dialup with ISP I don't
have his domain info...

Now, in my scenerio ... please tell me what should I do>????

Is there any easy way to do this??????? or even harder way would do it
but inshort is there any way I can make only his Laptop use the SMTP and
restrict the SMTP Relay that way???

Thanks
CS