RE: cisco vpn dialer (IPSEC)

  • From: "Jeffrey M. Butte" <jbutte@xxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 21:59:24 -0600

Uh... no, he is not referring to the Firewall Service (and yes, that
will stop everything ;-).  He is referring to the Microsoft Firewall
Client Version installed on your client workstation.  Are your client
workstations utilizing that or are they SecureNAT clients (no client,
just a workstation setup with the ISA server IP as their gateway /
router address).

I have only tested the Cisco VPN client with workstations setup as
SecureNAT clients.  From your message, everything looks good up until it
begins securing the communications channel.  That is the make or break
point.  Since yours it terminating right there, the indication would be
that the secure channel (tunnel) could not be established).

Lets get point of reference to start troubleshooting this.  Can you
unplug your client from the internal network and put outside the ISA
server on the internet?  Does it work from there?