Prob with dynDNS on isa-server

  • From: "Wilhelm Pieper" <w_pieper@xxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 08:51:00 +0100

Hello all,

after reinstalling Isa-server with sp 1(trial was expired) I run into probs
with using dynDNS.com's DNS-updater program. I ever get a "connection error"
message.

I tried: packet filter userdefined
IP proto.: all
dest.: outgoing [AND tried both]

local comp:
    standard ip on external network

remote comp.: all
mode: granted
In this small program there are no setup options like use proxy or which
network interace etc.
I can run the prog from a client computer and this way it works, but this will
result in updating a wrong IP (the local network IP).

Besides I changed the motherboard and had to reconfigure the networkcards.
I gave them the old IPs: 192.168.0.1=Lan and 192.168.1.1=to DSL resulting in
warnings that say that there will be problems when reinstalling the old
networkcard.

Any hints for me??

wkr: Wilhelm Pieper