RE: Pblishing Pcanyhwere Behind isa

  • From: "Karthik Janakiraman" <KarthikJ@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 11:42:23 -0500

Let me tell you what I have done. I have a dns server x.x.x.x2 which is
registered with the internic. I moved that system behind the ISA
firewall and gave ip address 192.168.15.12. I created two Server
publishing rule one for dns querry and the other for dns zone transfer
mapping 192.168.15.211 and x.x.x.x2. The external ip I added in the ISA
Server external interface card as secondary ip address. In the dns
server I created an entry karthik.mydomain.com pointing to
x.x.x.x3(which is my web server ip). Then I created a destination set
and in the name I gave http://karthik.icode.com and pointed it the
private ip 192.168.15.2. Then went to the server properties and changed
the incoming web requests to listen to individual ips and selected the
isaserver name in the name list and gave the external ip address of my
web server which I have already added in the external interface of my
isa server as the third ip address. Now from outside when I try by ip
address x.x.x.x2 it works fine but when I gave by name it does not work
and give me 403 error. I had configured my internal dns also to point to
192.168.15.2 for http://karthik.mydomain.com. ?

If my destination set is not correct, how can I reconfigure my
destination set. Also I believe when my dns is outside the firewall I am
able to use the dns from any external system and it resolves correctly.
But when I keep it inside the firewall my systems outside the network
cannot use the dns to resolve the name to ip. Can you advice me how to
proceed since my entire testing for using this firewall for our network
is getting stopped because of this since we host our own web and dns
servers.

Thanks in Advance

 J.Karthik