POP client problems

  • From: "Christian Villeneuve" <Christian.Villeneuve@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List] (E-mail)" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 11:15:36 -0500

I've asked this before, and I have been trying to find out what the
problem is but I can't find a solution.

I have just set up ISA on a standalone Server.
I have published our Web, FTP, and Mail.

Internally everything is working.
Clients behind the ISA Server can send and receive mail, web browse
etc..... without any problems.

The issue that I am having, is that I am dialing up with a test machine
to see if I can send and receive e-mail using a POP Client.
I have an Exchange 2000 Server behind my ISA server.

I can receive mail from our server, but when it is trying to connect to
send, it gives "unable to connect to server".

I have the smtp service published and it is running on the Exchange
server.
I have followed Toms' article on "ISA Server SMTP Server Support". And
allowed outbound access to the smtp server port TCP 25.

Do I have to allow inbound on the same port as well?

Is this what I am doing wrong?

Can someone please help?  I've been trying to get this thing working
without any success.

Thank you,