RE: OT: Fire suppression in server room

  • From: Brian Boyes <BrianB@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 10:47:20 -0500

Our division in Florida just went through something like that. Except it
wasn't sprinklers, it was the lack of a roof over the server room courtesy
of hurricane Wilma. Drying them out with a hair dryer *might* work if they
weren't plugged in when they got wet, but may have problems later related to
corrosion on the mobo and other assorted problems. Anything that has power
and gets wet is at a huge risk of shorting out.

For my home office, we actually had the company that supplied our building
fire suppresion system come in and talk about option with us. That might be
a good bet because they know what kind of systems are allowed and will meet
the fire code in your county.

Brian