RE: MSN Messenger blocking

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 23:19:50 -0600

Hi Steve,

You need to block the *.messenger.msn.com domain and prevent them from
using the MSN Messenger protocol. There are many ways to do this, of
course. Send me a note and I'll send you the .xml file of an Access Rule
I used to block MSN Messenger without blocking Hotmail. As always,
clients are configured as Web Proxy and Firewall clients! Not to do so
would dumb down the ISA firewall to that of a common PIX :)

HTH,

Tom
www.isaserver.org/shinder
http://tinyurl.com/3xqb7