MSN Messenger blocking

  • From: "Steven Andreca" <sandreca@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 11:56:08 -0700

Anyone knows how to block MSN Messenger on ISA Server 2004? (Or in the
Default Domain Policy for that matter?).

You can block the built-in Messenger (4.7 I think) but not newer version,
which apparently find their way through HTTP.

The only way I managed to do it is a combination of blocked destinations:

207.46.104.20
207.46.110.1 ? 207.46.110.254
64.4.0.0 ? 64.4.63.255
gateway.moswest.msn.net
messenger.hotmail.com

I?m not sure which one does it but it works. However, the 2 other problems
I have now:

1. I can?t access Hotmail?s page either.
2. Most of the times I cannot access Windows Updates.

If anyone has a better solution I?d greatly appreciate sharing it with me.

Thanks,
Steven