Re: Limiting Browser Version

  • From: brian.narkinsky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 17:48:04 -0700

That's kind of what I figured.  C++ is too hard for my developers ;).
Maybe I'll break out the C++ books and try something.

It would be nice if MS included this in ISA.  In Exchange 2000 SP1 it is a
simple registry setting and automagically Outlook must be greater then
version X.X to work.

Most of my NIMDA problems would have been taken care of if my users had
updated thier browsers and the fastest way to make them do that is take
away their Internet untill they do.

Using GPO and RIS would be OK if I was all 2000 ..maybe one day.

I wonder about the PAC autoconfig script?  If I could somehow determine
the browser version there then I could redirect them to a page telling
them to update.

Brian