RE: LPR requires defines SOURCE port

  • From: "Thomas W. Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 02:07:39 -0500

Hi Jay,

Ouch!

Just goes to show that nothing is easy :-)

I didn't put too much info on wspcfg.ini and mspclnt.ini in the book
because you typically don't need to use that stuff :-) However, there
are times when you need to bind services to particular ports on the
external interface of the ISA Server because there is no other way
define the source port on the external interface.

You might try using

[Spoolss]
LocalBindTcpPorts=721-731
RemoteBindTcpPorts=515

You might also have to change the
spoolss Disable from 1 to 0

I suspect this will whack any local printing you want to do with the
machine, but it might help send those jobs to the external printer.

Cross your fingers :-)

Tom
www.isaserver.org/shinder

Thomas W Shinder, M.D., MCSE, MCT