RE: Intranet against Internet

  • From: "William Robertson" <robertson.william@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 07:22:23 +0200

Hi Mauricio

Your problem may not necessarily be related to using Public IP Addresses
within an organization, but rather trying to access an Internet and
Intranet site that host the same domain name.

Do you perhaps have the following scenario:
Your company's Intranet site: *.yourdomain.pvt
Your company's Internet Site: *.yourdomain.pvt

If this is the case then your problem is that ISA Server is aware that
the *.yourdomain.pvt is in the LDT and thus sees all requests for it to
be internal, and thus does not pass the requests through to your
Intranet servers.

If I understand correctly, I believe the only other way of getting
around this is to create a split-DNS. Check out Tom's article at
http://www.isaserver.org/pages/article.asp?id=995

Cheers
William R.