IE - ISA - Domino WEB - LearningSpace App

  • From: "William Robertson" <robertson.william@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 07:38:45 +0200

Hi there

I have a problem when trying to access a University's website to submit
assignments etc. The university in question is using a Lotus Domino WEB
server with the Lotus LearningSpace application.

My problem is this, when logging into the LearningSpace application the
following URL is accessed:

http://www.sblunisa.ac.za/lspace/2002/mbl3/schedule.nsf/%WelcomePage?Ope
nForm
<http://www.sblunisa.ac.za/lspace/2002/mbl3/schedule.nsf/%25WelcomePage?
OpenForm>  (Please note the %-sign)

As part of the W3C standards a "%" sign in the URL is supposed to be an
escape character for a numeric ASCII sequence. The specific sequence for
a "%" sign itself is "%25".  If the above URL is changed with this
information the web page opens:

http://www.sblunisa.ac.za/lspace/2002/mbl3/schedule.nsf/%25WelcomePage?O
penForm

The thing is, I cannot go on trying to change this all day long. I
currently have 2 ways of fixing this, but I don't like either:

1)       Throw out ISA Firewall and reinstate old Gauntlet Firewall

2)       Install Netscape Navigator on clients who need to access this
site

I know that this problem is definitely associated with the LearningSpace
application from Lotus because I have another site in Holland which does
exactly the same.

Does anyone have any advice on how to address this problem?

Cheers

William R.

Everything in this e-mail and attachments relating to the official
business of Columbus Stainless is proprietary to the company. It is
confidential, legally privileged and protected by law. Columbus
Stainless does not own and endorse any other content. Views and
opinions are those of the sender unless clearly stated as being that
of Columbus Stainless. The person addressed in the e-mail is the sole
authorised recipient.  Please notify the sender immediately if it has
unintentionally reached you and do not read, disclose or use the
content in any way. Whilst all reasonable steps are taken to ensure
the accuracy and integrity of information and data transmitted
electronically and to preserve the confidentiality thereof, no
liability or responsibility whatsoever is accepted if information or
data is,for whatever reason, corrupted or does not reach its intended
destination.