Re: Initial Banner page for users

  • From: Joe Pochedley <JoePochedley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 10:27:19 -0400

CJ,

You can definitely use a login script to set the Start Page in IE and take
away the users' ability to change that page.  Since you don't have AD,
that's your best bet.

Don't know about your second issue, but allowing the users to use cached
credentials shouldn't be a problem since logging and tracking will still
have the authenticated user information based on the cached credentials.
Those cached credentials will only be valid for the logged in user, and if
someone else logs onto the machine that new user won't be able to surf
without a inputting their own user/pass combo...  Unless you just want to
annoy the users by making them enter a user name and password every time,
what are you attempting to accomplish?

Joe Pochedley
"I like deadlines,"
cartoonist Scott Adams once said.