Re: ISA array at HO and cache server at remote sites

  • From: puja gugnani <puja_gugnani@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ISAserver.org Discussion List\]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 13:30:13 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks again Jim,

From your inline message i understand that we need to
configure the downstream server as a web proxy with a
routing script setting (in the IE LAN setting). This
will help the dowstream proxy identify which one of
the two ISA servers in the array it should sent the
request to.

Some additional questions are:

1) Would i be correct to believe that this setup will
create a hirerachial chain with the upstream servers.

2) We are planning to setup the downstream ISA server
on a domain controller which is also and AD
intergrated DNS. Have there been any reported problems
of setting up ISA server on a DC?

3) The client machines on the head office, will point
to the Array name which will have a DNS entry with 2
servers for the same name. Will all requests be
directed to the 1st ISA server in the DNS list and
then that ISA server will identify which of the 2 ISA
servers is best suited to respond based on the CARP
cashing algorithm?

Thanks for your assistance.

http://health.yahoo.com