RE: !!!! ISA server Strange problem !!!!

  • From: "Kevin S. Malinowski" <Kevin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 17:44:45 -0600

I don't know if this is the total problem, but your DNS is not properly
configured for Active Directory. All of your DNS settings should be pointing
towards the DNS server you have configured to support your AD.

Then if necessary set up forwarders to the outside to resolve external URL's.
You may also have to configure your filters to allow for DNS lookups to your
designated forwarder. You could also just allow your internal DNS to do the
recursive lookups for you, but there is much less traffic accross your firewall
when a forwarder is used.

An active directory domain controller should never point to a DNS server that
doesn't contain its specific srv records.

HTH

Kevin