Re: ISA array at HO and cache server at remote sites

  • From: puja gugnani <puja_gugnani@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ISAserver.org Discussion List\]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 09:40:10 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Jim,

Would it be correct to say that:

1) The clients at the remote site would point to the
local proxy/cache server (downstream ISA server)

2) The down stream server will periodically poll the
array at the head office to get the array member list
and will compute the hashing algorithm (URL+server).
It will then send the request to specific ISA server
in the array which has the highest hash value. What i
like to confirm is that does this hashing function at
the downstream compute the exact upstream server to
which the request is to be sent or do we need DNS
round robin to send the request to the alternate
servers in the array and then the array decides which
server will respond to the request based on the
hashing function. Is that what you meant by the
routing scrip at the downstream server.

3) As for the clients at the head office, i agree we
will configure them to use the array name and define
the name in the DNS, would it be required that the DNS
use round robin for assigning the requests to the
specific server in the array

Thanks again

http://health.yahoo.com