RE: ISA and spam

  • From: "Michael Bright" <michael.bright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 19:08:09 -0700

> Do you have mail relaying enabled only for your authorized
> network?

I am in the same position at a small college.  Many ISP's are now refusing
to handle our mail because it has been exploited by spammers.  I have
looked at the Exchange setup and it seems correct - in fact I turned off
the Exchange SMTP service and ran the Relay test to find that it was still
happening.  Thus the only answer is that it has something to do with ISA
Server.  I did not have this problem with Proxy 2.  Does anyone please
know how to fix this ?  My Headmaster is most embarrassed as he has had a
number of calls because Porn e-mails are being routed via our server.

Thank you,

Michael Bright
Head of IT
Oxley College