Cache and Netbanking

  • From: "Nick" <nick.lovett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 14:34:24 -0700

Hello,

I am implementing ISA server as a caching only proxy server in an tertiary
education college.

The ISA server is basically a secondary cache server. All upstream
requests are routed to a specified upstream server- After searching the
local cache, of course. (the upstream machine is a central machine and not
administered by the college).

Now, my problem is that things such as Internet banking (uses SSL) are
unreliable.. Often SSL pages will time out (For instance after login to
the site) BUT at other times everything will be smooth. I have isolated
the problem to my local ISA server by pointing a browser directly at the
upstream machine. (Net banking etc is fine in this situation)

I appreciate that I could set up a destination set for those sites , and
create a rule in routiong for that destination set, specifying never to
cache content. But It shouldnt be caching SSL anyway, and the problem is
intermittent.

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Nick