RE: ISA and ISDN backup connection

  • From: "Friese, Casey" <cfriese@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 12:10:58 -0500

Now completely understand what you've mentioned John, I have revised my plan
and have taken away the ISDN device that is connected to the Serial port of the
corporate HQ's ISA.

I'm now going to be calling an ISDN card in our Cisco router from the remote
office.
I have disabled the tunnel and set everything up for the ISDN connection to
connect to the cisco router at the HQ.  I connect and can communicate in both
directions over the ISDN lines.

Now, you may give me the same answer but I'll ask again since the scenario has
changed.
When the VPN tunnel is detected as unreachable is there a way to have the ISDN
connection automatically fired off?

With a cisco device having an ISDN backup connection, I know it is possible to
do this through route costing.  I'm trying to find a way to mimic that or to
replace that with perhaps a packet loss percentage.