ISA 2004 firewall won't start anymore

  • From: "Bunting, Jeff" <BUNTING@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:05:39 -0400

Yesterday I finally got OWA publishing through ISA and immediately managed
to break it somehow. After restarting ths ISA services I got these errors in
the event log

14177
Some certificates cannot be initialized (error code -2146885628). The Web
Proxy filter could not initialize. Check that all certificates used by the
Web Proxy filter are valid.

14060
Cannot load an application filter Web Proxy Filter
({4CB7513E-220E-4C20-815A-B67BAA295FF4}). FilterInit failed with code
0x80092004. To attempt to activate this application filter again, stop and
restart the Firewall service.
14001

Firewall Service failed to initialize. Previous event log entries might help
determine the proper action.

Eventid.net didn't have anything useful, and the only reference I found at
http://forums.isaserver.org/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=19;t=000394
had no resolution. I have not done an export or anything.

How can I tell which certificates are used by the web proxy filter as the
message in 14177 suggests?

Jeff