ISA 2004 and MSDE

  • From: "Paul" <pdeen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 20:12:26 -0600

Hello,
 We recently installed ISA 2004 and I noticed it installed an instance of
SQL (MSDE). I am no expert with MSDE, but we do use it for a few other
databases, not loaded on our ISA of course.
 My problem is that I noticed it doesnt look like it is working. Usually
the icon in the system tray has a green arrow when it is running. Well
ours just shows the white empty circle. When I go into the MSDE manager by
double-clicking the systray icon and try to select the service running on
our ISA from the drop down list, nothing is listed for our ISA server, but
it does see/show our MSDE loaded on other servers.

Is this normal? If not any suggestions?

Thanks!