IIS Port 443 problem

  • From: "Johann Putter" <JohannP@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 08:05:45 +0200

Hi

I had ISA installed on an NT Server which did not have IIS installed.
Recently I installed IIS and changed the default port on the IIS
configuration to prevent clashing with ISA Server. If I start up ISA
first and then the WWW service I get the following in my event log:

Source: W3SVC

EventID: 115

The service could not bind instance 1.  The data is the error code.

For additional information specific to this message please visit the
Microsoft Online Support site located at:

If I start the WWW service first and then ISA Server services I get the
following:

Source: Microsoft Web Proxy

EventID: 14148

Web Proxy service failed to bind its socket to 195.75.154.114 port 443.
This could be caused by another service that is already using the same
port or by a network interface card that is not functional. The error
code specified in the Data area of the event properties indicates the
cause of the failure.  For more information about this event, see ISA
Server Help.

How do one change the port 443 on IIS?

Johann Putter

IS Manager

AFRICON Engineering International (Pty) Ltd

1040 Burnett Street

Hatfield

Tel: (012) 427-2258

Fax:(012) 427-2951