RE: IIS Port 443 problem

  • From: "Uttam K. Malhotra" <uttamm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 08:22:08 -0700

Refer Q186180

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Johann Putter
        Sent: Thu 10/4/2001 11:05 PM
        To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
        Subject: [isalist] IIS Port 443 problem

        Hi

        I had ISA installed on an NT Server which did not have IIS
installed. Recently I installed IIS and changed the default port on the
IIS configuration to prevent clashing with ISA Server. If I start up ISA
first and then the WWW service I get the following in my event log:

        Source: W3SVC

        EventID: 115

        The service could not bind instance 1.  The data is the error
code.

        For additional information specific to this message please visit
the Microsoft Online Support site located at:

        If I start the WWW service first and then ISA Server services I
get the following:

        Source: Microsoft Web Proxy

        EventID: 14148

        Web Proxy service failed to bind its socket to 195.75.154.114
port 443. This could be caused by another service that is already using
the same port or by a network interface card that is not functional. The
error code specified in the Data area of the event properties indicates
the cause of the failure.  For more information about this event, see
ISA Server Help.

        How do one change the port 443 on IIS?

        Johann Putter

        IS Manager

        AFRICON Engineering International (Pty) Ltd

        1040 Burnett Street

        Hatfield

        Tel: (012) 427-2258

        Fax:(012) 427-2951