Re: HTTP 502 Proxy Error: 12211

  • From: "Terry Fedirko" <Terry.Fedirko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 18:04:21 -0700

I would like to thank everyone who has been trying to help me resolve this
problem.   I took all of your advise and applied them with some success
but not entirely.   So... I went back and read the section called
"Configureing ISA Server for Outbound Access" (Chapter 8) in the book
called "Configuring ISA Server 2000" (by Dr. Thomas W. Shinder and
Associates - Good Book!!!) and followed the instructions on page 461 to
463 ("Routing to a Linux Squid Server").  Even thought the upstream server
is a Unix box, I followed the instructions using the wizard supplied
(Note...this was no different than what I did before).   But before I
configured this new Routine Rule, I deleted the previous one I created.
After finishing the wizard, I when back into the configuration and removed
the "Automatic Poll Upstream Server for Array Configuration" check box
since the Unix do not use the Array Config features (as I did before).
Also, I configured a backup Upsteam Proxy Server using same Port number
(911) but to a different IP address (question: does this make any
difference???).  I did this several times of removing and deleting the
Routing rule (out of fustration) until it finally worked!!!!   Why did it
worked, maybe we should ask Microsoft.   I beleive there is a definite bug
in ISA when configuring a Upstream Server when using a differant SSL
Tunnel.

But again, I would like to thank you for all your help....Terry Fedirko